Slide Show - Images (mostly) from The Illustrated History of Painting

CLICK ON IMAGE FOR LARGER FORMAT SLIDE SHOW

Friday, May 21, 2010

100th Illustrated History of Painting Image Completed





When I used to, for a pittance, unload rail boxcars of ponderosa pine in the mountain west the old alcoholic 'lunger' I worked beside would say of the last cursed plank - "That's the one we were looking for."

That phrase - intoned in his phlegmy voice - played in my head as I put the last strokes to the last image in what has been nigh unto a two year project.

I forced myself to take the day after completion as a non-studio day but quickly realized I'm not good for much, these days, except work...so today I was back at it - drilling charge-holes in the rock-face of a new body of work and hoping to dislodge something worth assaying for color in the next little while.